You can review your warehouse quantities and balance your inventory levels across locations from the Warehouse Overstock screen. You can review products with excess stock along with a quick inventory snapshot to see what items are available in each of your warehouses. You can then generate stock transfers to keep your inventory levels in check.
Note: If you want to create or review stock transfer requests, see Create. view, and edit requests to transfer stock between warehouses.
- Go to Inventory > Warehouse Overstock.
- On the Selection Criteria pop-up, choose which overstocked products to include in the transfer. To learn how, see Selecting data.
- In the From Warehouse box, type or select the warehouse from which you want to transfer overstocked products.
- In the Weeks of Stock, type the number of projected weeks of overstock to view.
- To set a priority on which warehouses should receive the transferred overstock, select the Transfer Based on Replenishment check box, and then select which warehouse should receive product first from the Warehouse Priority list.
- Click Go.
- The left pane lists the products in the From Warehouse that meet your selection criteria, along with details about their current overstock levels.
- To see detailed product analysis, click a product number link.
- To revise your product search criteria, click the Selection Criteria button.
- To see a product's availability in the Transfer To Warehouse, click the product row. To transfer products to a warehouse, type the number you want to transfer into the Transfer Quantity column for that location, and then press the Tab key.
- Repeat for each product you want to transfer. After you have entered transfer quantities, Inform ERP highlights the product row in the From Warehouse Overstock grid.
- To view inventory levels for the selected product across all warehouses, click the Inventory.
- To create the stock transfer and select print options, click Save.
Tip: To edit or check the status of overstock transfers not yet received, use the Stock Transfer Entry screen. Only unreceived stock transfers may be edited or deleted. See Transfer stock between warehouses
- Transfer stock between warehouses
- Create, view, and edit requests to transfer stock between warehouses
- Receive stock into your warehouse from a transfer
- Link a sales order to a warehouse transfer
- Configure warehouse transfer lead times
- View a product's open stock transfers
- Transfer warehouse overstock