Inform uses standard, easy-to-obtain Windows network components.
- Best practices call for a dedicated application server, not used as a domain controller, general file server, email server, or utilized to manage additional software/systems.
- On-premise Windows 2019 Server, Standard Edition
- Off-premise Rackspace hosted and managed Windows 2019 Server
5- 20 users 21-50 users
- Single server, single octa core CPU
- 64 GB RAM
- Single or dual servers. Consider a Remote Access server for multi-locations
- Dual octa core CPU
- 128 GB RAM
- Application server
- Remote Access server for multi-locations
- RAM and storage consultation for optimal performance
- Fastest available Hard Drive Array. 300 MB/s throughput or greater.
- Drive set one (Operating System):
2 6th Generation SATA SSD’s in a RAID 1 mirrored configuration
- Drive set two (Inform application and data):
15,000 RPM 12G SAS HDD, QTY 3, RAID 5 for Inform ERP
- Drive set one (Operating System):
- Removable media backup system
- Supplemental off-site backup option. DDI System uses Carbonite successfully.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Network firewall
Cloud Hosted Server Option
- DDI System strongly recommends the top-rated host Rackspace.com for a managed, hosted Server. Rackspace servers provide high availability with reduced downtime and superior connectivity speed that benefits multiple locations, mobility, and eCommerce. They manage your Server, operating system updates, data backup, firewall, clean-room operating environment, uninterruptible power and server support.
There are known incompatibility issues with the following two anti-virus packages.
- DDI System integrates with ConcordFax, the #1 rated online fax service provider.
- ConcordFax is a separate, third party service. The monthly fee is comparable to a telephone line.
- Windows 10 Professional
- 8GB RAM or better for Inform ERP. Other software installed will benefit from additional RAM.
- SSD (Solid State Drives) are recommended.
- Workstations connecting to Inform using RemoteApp or Remote Desktop have lower resource requirements.
- Network enabled PCL 5e laser printers for fastest print performance and check printing.
- Inform is compatible with most business-class printers.
- Direct Thermal Zebra ZD420 with 203 DPI print resolution and with a 10/100 Ethernet port for network installation. See Label printer setup.
Electronic Signature Capture
- Apple IOS devices (via Apple App store)
- Android OS devices (via Google Play store)
- Topaz SignatureGem T-LBK462-BSB-R stand-alone signature capture pad
- Verifone MX925 POS payment card and signature capture terminal
- Cat 5e, Cat 6 wiring, or better for all devices, printers included.
- GB Network switch with ports to accommodate every device.
- Broadband internet connection with a Static IP address, fastest available upload and download speed.
Branch and remote users
- RemoteApp is used for remote branch and offsite users. For maximum security, branch locations utilize a site-to-site VPN, and individual offsite users utilize a client-to-site VPN. Separate Microsoft RDP licenses are required.
- Server location upload speed should be a minimum 20 Mbps. Use Speedtest.net for basic information on your network's Internet performance
- VPN connection is required for remote branch printing.
- Inform eCommerce users should seek the highest available upload speed, with a minimum of 20 Mbps. Use Speedtest.net for basic information on your network's Internet performance.
- DDI System strongly recommends the top-rated host Rackspace.com for a managed, hosted system. Rackspace servers provide high service levels, with the connectivity speed necessary for eCommerce. They manage your server, Windows updates, data backup, firewall, clean-room operating environment, power and server support.