eDocs provides the fastest way to attach documents by scanning directly into Inform without the need to save the file to a local workstation. For example, a vendor packing slip or invoice can be attached to an AP Invoice or a customer’s payment in Cash Receipts.
Note: eDocs is available as an add-on module. To learn more, contact DDI Customer Care.
Inform is compatible with scanners that support the TWAIN interface. TWAIN compatibility can be found in many modern scanners, though you can confirm by reviewing the specifications, typically available on the manufactures web site. When installing the scanner be sure to select the appropriate TWAIN driver (if applicable).
- Scanned files bypass the local workstation and save directly to a shared folder on the database server. This allows the attachment to be accessed by all Inform users. Confirm the location (or existence) of the shared file path.
- Navigate to File > Company > Master.
- Select the Images / Signatures / eDocs / Connections tab.
- Locate the Mapped Client Drive to eDocs Folder on Server setting.
Note the drive letter. If blank, set this to the letter O.
- Locate the EDOCS folder path setting
Note the file path. If this setting is blank, contact DDI Support for configuration.
The folder path must be mapped on the workstation, allowing the scanned files to be saved to the proper directory. Follow the steps below to map the eDocs folder path to the drive letter.
- Navigate to ‘This PC’ folder (in Windows)
- Click Map network drive from the top toolbar.
- Select the appropriate Drive Letter (to match the Company Master setting).
- Type the EDOCS folder path (from the Company Master) into the Folder field.
- Select Reconnect at sign-in.
- Click Finish.
Earlier version of Windows may refer to this folder as ‘My Computer’.
- Launch the Inform application. Do not log in.
- Click the Connection Update button.
- Edit the connection path.
- Select the Scanner Connected check box.
- Click the Attachments section
- Click the eDocs tab located on the bottom toolbar.
- Type the total number of pages.
- Load the document into the scanner.
- Click the Add eDoc button.
- Select the scanner from the available list.
- Documents can now be retrieved from the eDocs tab on any workstation.
Available in various screens (Customer Master, Invoice Entry, etc)