This article describes how to set up Concord Fax for use with Inform.
DDI System and Concord Fax have partnered to offer Inform ERP users secure cloud fax capabilities. To sign up, contact Rodney Greilind (Concord Technologies) (Direct: 206-486-6951).
Note: You can review the features of a Concord Fax account prior to sign-up by navigating to http://www.concordfax.com and clicking Small Business in the upper right corner.
After creating an account you will receive an e-mail allowing your account password to be set. Make note of this password. In a separate e-mail you will receive a User ID (begins with mbx).
Both the User ID and password will be needed to log into the Concord Web Portal (http://portal.concordfax.com).
- Now that your account is created, and you've obtained the User ID & Password, you are now ready to enter this information into your Inform software.
- Navigate to the Company Master (File > Company > Master).
- Search for the following setting
- Use Faxing Software (R)espondfax/(A)ctivefax/(C)oncordFax/(N)one
- Set this value to ‘C’ to enable Concord Fax.
- Next, search for the login settings
- Fax Service User Name
- Fax Service Password
- Type the User ID & password into their respective fields and then save your changes. Log out of Inform and back in for the changes to go into effect.
Congratulations! Your Concord Fax integration is now complete. At this point it is recommended to send a test fax from your Inform software to confirm your success.
You may use cover pages; however, consider limiting their usage to reduce faxing costs. Log into the Concord Web Portal (http://portal.concordfax.com) and click the icon located in the upper right. Next, select the Coverpage section and select from the following options:
- Automatic: All fax messages include a cover page, including overnight faxes.
- On Demand: Manually sent messages can include a cover, but overnight faxes do not.
- By default, include coverpage is checked on (which can be overridden).
- This default can be reversed (checked off) by contacting DDI Customer Care.
- None: Messages will never include cover pages.
- Enable Company Master setting: Suppress cover page when using Fax Service.
Concord provides a default template that can be used as your cover page. Optionally, you can upload your own design featuring your company logo. From the Concord Web Portal, select the Coverpage section.
Upload your own coverpage template which must be in the Microsoft Word (.doc) format. This file must be named DDIDEFAULT (case sensitive). Please contact DDI Customer Care after this step to enable this coverpage from Inform.
In the Upload Coverpage field, click the Browse button to select your template. This template should be in the Microsoft Word (.doc) format and must be named DDIDEFAULT (case sensitive). Contact DDI Customer Care to enable this cover page in Inform.
If you’re switching to Concord from ActiveFax, rest assured that fax processing within
Inform remains the same. This includes:
- Receiving a notification of sent status in your internal mail
- Clarity of failure reasons (ex: Busy Signal, No Dial Tone, etc)
- Utilizing the Sent Invoice Results Report to confirm sent status of overnight jobs
- Ability to add a message to the body of the cover page
- Control of cover page look and frequency of usage