You can manage individual contact information for customers and vendors from the Contacts page of the Customer or Vendor Master. To view more information about a contact, click on the hyperlinked contact name to open their detail window. The contact details allow you to update the contact information, schedule tasks and events with the contact, send emails, set eCommerce web permissions (customers only), and attach documents
To add a contact, click the Add Contact button.
- On the New Contact pop-up that appears, type the First Name of the contact. The first name is the only required information.
- Complete any other information optional you know, including Last Name, Title, Address, and Contact Information.
- If additional permissions are required to modify this contact, select the High Access Level Required check box. Only users with this permission on the User Master will be allowed to edit this contact.
- To add a photo of the customer, click the Path search box under Image, navigate to the photograph on your file system, and then click Open. If the photo has already been added to Inform ERP, you can click the magnifying glass and choose it instead.
- If you have any additional information about the contact, such as birthday, interests, or family, type that information into the Comments box.
- If you are working with Customer Contacts, you can also grant specific user permissions. To grant permissions to the contact, click the Permissions tab. (This tab does not appear for Vendor Contacts.)
- From the Permissions page, you can set up this contact's access to eCommerce.
- Product Certification Codes: If the contact is authorized to purchase hazardous or other items that require a certification code, type that code here.
- Authorized Buyer: This option, which is selected by default, enables the contact to place orders.
- Ship Tos: From the list, select the check boxes beside those Ship To address with which this contact is permitted to work. If there are no restrictions, retain the default All Ship Tos.
To edit a contact, click the hyperlinked contact name.
The Contact Analysis page appears.
To edit the contact's general information, including Permissions, follow the instructions in this procedure. You can also work with the contact as follows: