You can void an order, which cancels it and excludes it from any inventory commitments. Previous invoices posted against the order will remain unchanged; only the backorder will be canceled. Canceled orders remain in the system, but may not be edited or restored.
- Search for and open and existing Sales Order as described in How to search for orders.
- At the bottom of the Sales Order page, click Edit. This selection switches the order into edit mode.
- At the bottom of the page, click Void. You must have permission to access this option.
- On the Void & Cancel pop-up that appears, type the Reason For Cancellation. This reason is used for future reporting and tracking. Click OK.
- You may search for canceled orders using the Order Inquiry. If you want to recreate it, you can Copy an order.