Sales orders can be searched by customer name, product, P/O Number, job name, or manual ship to information.
- Navigate to Sales > Order > Sales Order Inquiry.
- Click Inquiry.
- The easiest way to locate an order is based on the customer name: In the Customer box, type the name, number, address, or phone number of the customer whose order you want to locate. Then click the Customer Number in the list that appears.
Tip: When searching Inform ERP, exclude special characters. For example, if you are searching for A & B Company, type A B Company instead
- You may also similarly search based on known Product, PO Number The customer's purchase order number. It prints on the final invoice copy and may be required on a per customer basis.Job NameUsed for project tracking including activities and costing reports. These are setup in advance of order creation and then assigned during PO entry. You can also search for orders based on Job name. Jobs can be modified in File>Customer>Job., or Manual Ship ToShipping addresses added on-the-fly during sales order entry. Although not saved to the Customer Master, these may be searched using any information entered for the Ship To..
- To narrow the list of orders returned based on status, from the Sales Order list choose the status, such as Open, Completed, or Backorders. You may also choose All.
- At the bottom of the page, click Search.
- The bottom of the page displays all matching sales orders. To open one, click the Order Number.
Perform an advanced order search
Use the advanced search under Analysis to find orders or requests based on date range as well as additional parameters which you can include or exclude.
- Go to Sales>Order>Sales Order Inquiry.
- Make sure the AnalysisAdditional parameters to help narrow search results. Selected parameters work in conjunction with options specified on the Inquiry page. tab is selected along the left side of the page.
- If you know approximately when the Order was placed or Shipped, you can specify date in Start Date and End Date: click the arrow and choose a date from the Calendar that appears.
- You can further narrow the results by searching for orders with an amount below or greater than what you specify for G/P %, G/P $, or Total.
- For even further granularity, you can add specific detailed parameters to the search, including Branch, Salesman, Writer, and others.
- Finally, you can search for orders that include or exclude the parameters in the last column. For example, to include orders that have Price/Cost Changes, select this check box, and then make sure Only is selected beside it. To exclude Point of Sale orders, select that check box, and then choose Exclude from the list beside it.
- Click Search.
The bottom of the page displays all matching sales orders. To open one, click the Order Number.
- If you do not see the order you want, then clear all parameters by clicking Reset.
After you locate the sales order(s) or request(s) you want, you may print, view, send or save.
- In the Sales Orders list at the bottom of the page, select the check box preceding each order you want to print, or select the check box in the grid header to select them all.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
- You may also generate an Analysis ReportProvides a detailed look into each order while allowing prices/costs to be compared with a previous sale. If no order is checked, then this report will include all orders from search results.: click Report.