Learn how to enter an order that the customer is picking up and applying against their account, rather than paying for it up front.
- Create a new Sales Order as described in Create a sales order.
- From the Ship Via list, choose a pick-up, will call, or similar alternative with Pick Up enabled in the Ship Via master. Available shipping methods vary based on system setup.
- Click Header on the left navigation bar, and confirm the Tax CodeThe tax rate the customer will pay. This default on the Customer Master may be overridden on the order itself. For example, the tax jurisdiction is often overridden to the local rate on Pick Ups or Will Calls. For this reason, it is important to identify a customer as Taxable/Non-Taxable, regardless of the tax code set here..
Note: Ship Via codes can override the default Tax Code for the customer (to use the local jurisdiction). Non-Taxable customers will not be charged tax, regardless of the order Tax Code.
- Inform uses the tax set on the Ship Via master. If one isn't set, the tax set in the Branch Master is used.
- If neither are set with a tax, then the customer tax is used.
- Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in Create a sales order.
- If you would like to add Miscellaneous ChargesAdditional fees applied to the order. These fees are typically non-inventory fees such as restocking or installation. Some charges may be assigned to a customer and appear on orders automatically. These charges may be used for free freight after a minimum has been reached or a small order fee when a minimum has not been reached. To modify Misc. Charges, go to File>Company>Miscellaneous Charge., click the Final tab on the left navigation bar and specify it here. See Add a miscellaneous charge.
- Click Save.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
Note: The Sales Order print is intended to be used in the warehouse as a pick sheet.
After the order has been picked, the quantities should be confirmed using Shipment Confirmation, which may be done either at the counter of by the warehouse staff. A receipt, packing slip, or invoice will be issued to the customer during this step. The customer can also sign for the order at this time.