Learn how to enter an order that the customer is picking up and applying against their account, rather than paying for it up front.
- Create a new Sales Order as described in Create a sales order.
- From the Ship Via list, choose a pick-up, will call, or similar alternative. Available shipping methods will vary based on system setup.
- Click Header on the left navigation bar, and confirm the Tax Code.
-Ship Via codes can override the default Tax Code for the customer (to use the local jurisdiction).
-Non-Taxable customers will not be charged tax, regardless of the order Tax Code.
- Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in Create a sales order.
- If you would like to add Miscellaneous Charges, click the Final tab on the left navigation bar and specify it here. See Add a miscellaneous charge.
- Click Save.
- On the Print Document pop-up that appears, you may choose to Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.
Note: The Sales Order print is intended to be used in the warehouse as a pick sheet.
After the order has been picked, the quantities should be confirmed using Shipment Confirmation, which may be done either at the counter of by the warehouse staff. A receipt, packing slip, or invoice will be issued to the customer during this step. The customer can also sign for the order at this time.