This is particularly useful when quoting contractors for large projects, Item-Group pricing lets you give them one price on the entire group, or individual group prices for rough-in or finished goods. Quoting items in this manner prevents customers from shopping around and pricing goods individually, increasing your sales volume, and improving your profit margins.
- Create a new sales order or price quote and add products as described in How to create a new sales order or How to create a new price quote.
- Click the Detail tab, and then right-click any product number, and then choose Item-Groups from the menu that appears.
- Click Add Item-Group.
- Type a Name for the new group, and then click and drag items from the Available Products list into the Group Item Group Name Products panel.
- To print information about individual products, select the Print Group Data check box. To print individual prices, select the Print Prices check box. If these options are cleared, then only the Item Group Description and Price will print on the sales order, not the individual items.
- Under Group Products, Click in the Qty cell and type the desired quantity.
- To add another group, insert a new row by pressing the Tab key or clicking Add Item-Group, and then repeat this procedure. Click OK.
- Click Save. The Final page opens.
From the Print panel, review what prints on the quote, and then click Print.
More on print options
- Sort by Group: Groups print in alphabetical order.
- Print Group Details: The products of the group print on the order. If cleared, only the group name and the total will print.
- Print prices: Product prices will print if group details are being printed. Group totals print regardless of this option.
Note that these options may be defaulted on or off based on system configuration.
To fax or email the quote, click Send, and then complete the Send Document form that appears.
Use the keyboard shortcut Alt + G to assign groupings as you add products to the order for faster creation. The group name can be displayed as a column using the field chooser. Build new orders from existing groups, which are now listed when converting a quote or copying an order. Lastly, the entire group can have its price overridden with the difference being distributed to the individual products.