There are three steps to creating a price quote
Go to Sales>Order>Sales Order.
The top of the Sales Order page displays general information.
- Choose the Customer.
Once you choose the customer, most of the required information auto-completes from the customer's master file. Any missing required information is flagged with a red exclamation point. Make sure you complete this information.
- Click the Header tab along the left side of the page.
- On the center right of the Header panel, click the Quote tab.
- To convert the order to a quote, select the QuoteSelecting the Quote check box converts the order to a price quote, enabling you to set an expiration date. Clearing this check box converts the quote back to a sales order; however, the quote remains and may be converted into new orders. check box.
- Complete quote details.
-Header information such as Ship To, Terms, and Tax defaults to the customer profile, but you may change them.
-Note that some options may be restricted based on Access Levels.
-Additional options such as Customer PO Number may also now be required.
After you add the general order information, you can add products to the order: Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in How to create a sales order.
- For fast entry, you may precede your search text with the quantity you want to order. For example, if you -wanted to order 4 of product number 00123, you should type 4, 00123 in the Product Number cell.
-To choose products from a previous order, right click the Product Number cell and choose Customer Order Pad. See Create a new order from the Order Pad.
-To change a price, select the price and/or discount from the Net Price list . For details, see Specify the net price.
-To see additional options, right-click any Product Number.
You can now review the quote and send it to your customer.
- Click the Final tab along the left side of the page.
(optional) To apply shipping charges, type them into the Freight box.
You may enter Freight amounts only if the terms are Prepaid & Bill or Collect.
- (optional) To apply additional charges, type them into the Misc Charge box.
Note that clicking Save at any point during an order will open the Final tab automatically. If any required options are missing, you will see a warning message. Provide the required information, and then try again.
Also notice that when you click Save, the Order Number, located in the upper right corner, begins with a Q.
Print the Price Quote.
On the Print Options panel, located in the middle right section, review what prints on the quote. These options may be pre-configured for the entire company and therefore fixed.
- To fax or email the quote, click Send.
Drop down the Fax/Email list and choose the action you want to take.
Review the options for accuracy, and then type your message to the customer into the Body box. Click Send.