- Go to Sales>Order>Sales Order.
The top of the Sales Order page displays general information.
- Choose your Customer.
- Header information such as Ship To, Terms, and Tax is defaulted and can be overridden.
- (Optional) Specify a Ship Via and/or Ship Date to specify when and how the order will ship.
After you add the general order information, you can add products to the order: Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in How to create a sales order.
On the Final page, you can review and create the order while accepting the final payment.
- Click the Final tab.
- Select the Point Of Sale check box.
Note: If you will not be taking payment for this order immediately, such as when a customer is picking up and paying for an order placed over the phone, you can suspend the order until payment is made. Select the Suspend check box.
- In the Tendered box, type the amount of the payment, and then click the type of payment Cash, Check, or Credit.
- Note that a payment amount greater than the balance will prompt with the difference. This amount is the customer's "change". Click Change.
- To apply the overpayment as a POS Deposit, click Deposit.
- If you selected Check, then you will be prompted to enter a check number. If you selected Credit, see Apply credit card payments.
- Click Save.
- If your installation of Inform ERP is configured for electronic signature, you will see that prompt now.
- Print the Invoice. Click Invoice, and then Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.