- Go to Sales>Order>Sales Order.
The top of the Sales Order page displays general information.
- Choose your Customer.
- Header information such as Ship To, Terms, and TaxThe tax rate the customer will be charged. Typically, this defaults from the Customer Master, but you may override it per order. To modify Tax codes, go to File>Customer>Tax. is defaulted and can be overridden.
-Some options may be restricted based on Access Levels.
-Some options such as Customer PO NumberThe customer's purchase order number. It prints on the final invoice copy and may be required on a per customer basis. may be required .
- (Optional) Specify a Ship Via and/or Ship Date to specify when and how the order will ship.
After you add the general order information, you can add products to the order: Click the Detail tab along the left side of the page, and add products as described in How to create a sales order.
On the Final page, you can review and create the order while accepting the final payment.
- Click the Final tab.
- Select the Point Of Sale check box.
Note: If you will not be taking payment for this order immediately, such as when a customer is picking up and paying for an order placed over the phone, you can suspend the order until payment is made. Select the Suspend check box.
- In the Tendered box, type the amount of the payment, and then click the type of payment Cash, Check, or Credit.
- Note that a payment amount greater than the balance will prompt with the difference. This amount is the customer's "change". Click Change.
- To apply the overpayment as a POS Deposit, click Deposit.
- If you selected Check, then you will be prompted to enter a check number. If you selected Credit, see Apply credit card payments.
- Click Save.
- If your installation of Inform ERP is configured for electronic signature, you will see that prompt now.
- Print the Invoice. Click Invoice, and then Print, View, Send, or Save the document, depending on your needs.