In this procedure, you will learn how to receive products from purchase orders. In the follow up scenarios, you will learn how to Enter an invoice for a PO receivable and Split receipts for PO receivables
- Go to
- Type or search for the Purchase Order Number. More info on existing receipts
If the Purchase Order you chose has multiple products, and at least one of them has already been received, then you will see the Select Receiving pop-up. It lets you edit the existing receiving, or log a new receipt.
To edit the existing receipt, click the link in the Rcv No column. The Stock Receiving page opens, and you can edit the Quantity Received on the existing receipt or add Quantity Received to another product. Note that you cannot edit a receiving that has already been linked to an AP Invoice. See Enter an invoice for a PO receivable
If you just want to enter a new receiving, click New. The Stock Receiving page opens again, but allows you to change quantities only on those products that have not yet been received.
- In the Receiving table, type the Quantity Received for each product.
-If you have received all items, then rather than typing the quantity for each item, you may click Receive AllAutomatically enters the open balance as the Quantity Received for all line items. Alternatively, use the B/O all button to clear the Quantity Received cell. .
-If you don't want to receive any stock, select the Cancel Balance check box. Canceling will zero remaining balances, canceling a backorder for the product.
- Optionally, adjust the Net Price to match the vendor's invoice.
- Click Save.
- You may now print product labels.
Add a Label Description, choose a Printer, and then click Print.
- Specify the Serial Numbers for each serialized product (if applicable).
- To print or send the receipts, click the Last Receiving TicketProvides a recap document of the last receiving. This is often sent to the Accounts Payable department, along with the vendor's packing slip so that the shipment can be invoiced..
Note: Depending on system configuration, this option may be set to prompt automatically upon Save