Note: Although you may create manual purchase orders, note that they do not take advantage of Inform ERP's reorder quantity analysis and simplified workflow integration. Once you have sufficient data, we recommend using the projected purchase order process unless your order is an exception.
The Header section of Purchase Order entry is the starting point for creating a new purchase order.
- Go to
- Type the vendor's name, number, address or phone into the Vendor field, and then select the Vendor ID hyperlink from the list that appears. Press the Tab key.
- Optional: Type Special InstructionsNotes to the vendor. They are clearly visible on the order. for the vendor.
- Optional: Click the Other tab in the lower left panel, and enter a Requested DateThe date on which you would like to receive the merchandise from the vendor. Prints clearly on the order. for the order to arrive.
Note: Order Date, Terms, and WarehouseThe location where the merchandise will be sent or resides. are defaulted, but can be overridden. Other options such as Ship ViaThe primary shipping method for the customer. For example, a walk in customer should be set to Pick Up or Will Call to save time during order entry. Note: Truck deliveries for specific days can be set from the Truck Routes tab. may be required.
You can add products to the purchase order from the Details panel.
- Make sure the Detail tab on the left side navigation bar is selected.
- Click in the first cell of the grid, under the Product Number column, and type the product number, description, or keyword. Click the product number link of the item you want to add. Press the Tab key.
- Click in the Quant Ordered cell and type the desired quantity. (You may tab through the options as well as click in each).
- Check the Net Price and update it if required. See Specify the net price
- To enter CommentsInternal: Not visible to the vendor, but can be seen on the screen (not printed). External: Visible to the vendor; provides additional description of the product if needed. or specify Vendor Part NumberThe product code used by the vendor to identify the item. Prints on the order alongside the product code. You can update the part numbers during PO entry as well as from File>Product>Master, Vendors., right-click a product and choose these options from the menu.
- To add another product, insert a new row by pressing the Tab key or Add Line Item, and then repeat this procedure.
- Click Save.
You can now review and finalize the order.
- You are now on the Final page of the Purchase Order.
- On the Print panel, you may Print Purchase Order or Print Receiving Ticket, which provides a list of expected products for the warehouse to use upon receiving.
- To send the purchase order, click Send.
- Optionally, confirm delivery by clicking Delivery Confirmation . To learn more, see Confirm product delivery.