You can either assign a new number to your Product or merge two existing product numbers into one. This process reviews all transactions from this product including invoices, sales history, and pricing levels. Transactions will be renumbered, eliminating all references to the original number. If the new product number is already an existing product, then both products will be merged into one single product.
- Go to the Product Master and open a product as described in Create and edit products.
- Click Edit.
- Right-click the Product, and then choose Change Number.
- On the Change Product Number page that appears, choose whether to Process Immediately or Overnight.
Note: Based on the amount of historical data, it may actually take up to several minutes to update "immediately." Therefore, if you have a popular product with years of sales history, make sure to use the Overnight option.
- Type the new product number into the To Number box, and then press the Tab key.
- If you have entered a new product number, then you will see a confirmation message that the product does not exist. To accept the creation, click Yes on the confirmation message, and then click OK to complete the process.
If the new number already exists, then the old product is merged rather than renumbered.
Demand and inventory will be combined with the merged product.