In this scenario, you will learn how to perform a price check.
You can perform this procedure from the Pricing page of Product Analysis. The Pricing page shows general and customer-specific pricing for the product.
- Go to File > Product > Master, and then click the Analysis tab.
Go to Inventory > Product Analysis.
- Click the Pricing tab on the left navigation bar.
- Search for and select a Customer. Press the Tab key.
- If prices vary by location, select a Ship To location.
The customer's current category, Net Price for the product, Last Sale information, and the formula used to calculate the Net Price appear. If the Show G/P check box in the upper right corner is selected, the G/P Percent will also display.
- Check the Net Price and Formula.
- The lower half of the Pricing window displays the pricing information for the product based on the Customer Category formulas that you have set in the Price Matrix. If the Show G/P check box in the upper right corner is checked, the Gross Profit percent will display for each category.
If applicable, review this Customer Category formula based pricing.
If during Sales Order entry, you do not want to use the formula based pricing you see here, you can choose another pricing category under Competitive Pricing. See Specify the net price.
You can also check a price in real time from sales order entry. Go to Sales > Order > Sales Order, and then in the Line Items grid on the Detail tab, type or search for the product in the Product Number column, and then press the Tab key.