In this scenario, you will learn how to perform a price check.
You can perform this procedure from the Pricing page of Product Analysis. The Pricing page shows general and customer-specific pricing for the product.
- Go to File > Product > Master, and then click the Analysis tab.
- Click the Pricing tab on the left navigation bar.
- Search for and select a Customer. Press the Tab key.
- If prices vary by location, select a Ship To location.
- Check the Net PriceThe current price the customer will pay. It may be based off the current List Price of the product, a recent Price Quote, Historical Price, Price Contract, or formula based calculation. Check the Formula to determine the price origin. and FormulaThe method used to determine the customer's price. For example, a formula of "Cust Catg (C1 + 35%)" indicates that the customer is assigned to a Category that has a Price Matrix formula of C1 Cost with a 35% markup..
- The lower half of the Pricing window displays the pricing information for the product based on the Customer Category formulas that you have set in the Price Matrix. If the Show G/P check box in the upper right corner is checked, the Gross Profit percent will display for each category.
If applicable, review this Customer CategoryCustomers can be grouped or classified by a category. Categories are used to distinguish between different types of customers, such as wholesalers, contractors, retail walk-ins, etc. Different pricing formulas can be set for each category. The formula listing allows you to see the various prices a product sells for, which can be useful in determining whether the product can be discounted. formula based pricing.
If during Sales Order entry, you do not want to use the formula based pricing you see here, you can choose another pricing category under Competitive Pricing. See Adjusting line item prices.
You can also check a price in real time from sales order entry. Go to Sales > Order > Sales Order, and then in the Line Items grid on the Detail tab, type or search for the product in the Product Number column, and then press the Tab key.
Go to Inventory > Product Analysis.
The customer's current category, Net Price for the product, Last Sale information, and the formula used to calculate the Net Price appear. If the Show G/P check box in the upper right corner is selected, the G/P Percent will also display.