In this scenario, you will learn how to void a customer payment. Note that you may not void a check that has already been reconciled by the bank.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Receivable>A/R Check Void.
- Select a customer by typing the customer's name, number, address, or phone in the Customer box.
- Type a Check Number, or click the magnifying glass to view outstanding checks from the customer, and choose one.
- To ensure you have the right check, review the date, amount, and paid invoices.
- Click Void.
- On the confirmation message that appears, click OK.
- Inform ERP
A note appears indicating who voided the check, when, and for what amount.