In this scenario, you will learn how to mail out a collection letter for overdue accounts. First you create the collection letter, and then you can send it.
- Go to Accounting>Accounts Receivable>A/R Collection Letters.
- Click Manage Letters .
- To choose an existing form letter, select it from the Search list. To create a new letter, click New, and then type a unique ID into the Search box, and then press the Tab key.
- The edit box below becomes enabled. Type your letter.
- Proofread, and then click Check Spelling.
- Click Save.
You can now send the letter.
- Go to the A/R Collection Letters page as described above.
- In the Exclude Credits Exceeding Days Old, type the number of days over which you want to exclude accounts receivable. The default is 365 days.
- To retrieve invoices within that time frame specified, click Search.
- To see all Customers with invoices in the categories 1-30, 31-60 past due, etc, click the + sign to expand that category.
- Select the customers or individual invoices for which you want to send an A/R Letter.
- Click Print.
- On the Enter A/R Aging Letter pop-up that appears, choose the letter that you want to send, and then click OK.
- On the Print Document pop-up, choose whether to Print, View, or Send (email or fax) the letter.
Note: Fax or email should only be used on a per customer basis, as all selected letters are delivered to the same contact.