Use eCommerce Pro to manage products with a website storefront, from which customers can purchase. Product information is created in Inform, then imported into Akeneo where product descriptions and images are added. The products are added to the Magento storefront website.
Export data from Inform
Export new or updated store data from Inform using the Advanced Report Writer.
- Log into Inform.
- Navigate to Analytics > Advanced Report Writer.
Create and run a report with the required data.
Tip: Learn how Inform data maps to Akeneo data.
Import data into Akeneo
Import data into Akeneo to add descriptions, brand information, pictures, and more.
- Log in to Akeneo.
- Click Imports.
- Select the Product Import XLSX import profile.
The import file:
- Must be an .xlsx file
- Must include the correct SKU to match the product
- Must contain Attributes in column headings using the correct attribute code from Akeneo
- Click Import Now.
Import data into Magento
Import the enriched Akeneo data into Magento to display it on the storefront website.
Note: This integration is one way and transfers data from Akeneo to Magento.
Each import serves a different purpose, and should be done separately.
Caution: Running multiple imports simultaneously can stress resources and lead to server downtime and import error. Do not proceed to the next import until an import is complete.
- Category Import: Imports category structure from Akeneo and any changes that have been made.
- Family Import: Imports families set up in Akeneo as well as changes to families (i.e. attributes assignments).
- Attribute Import: Imports attributes from Akeneo to Magento and creates any new attributes set up in Akeneo.
- Option Import: Imports attribute options for Simple Select attributes in Akeneo.
- Product Model Import: Imports product models (parent products) set up in Akeneo for configurable products.
- Family Variant Import: Imports configurable variants that are set up on families in Akeneo.
- Product Import: Imports products and the enriched data that is assigned to them in Akeneo. This import also assigns the products to their category set in Akeneo.
- Log into your website admin panel.
- Click System, then in the Akeneo Connector section, click Import.
- For Select Import Type, select Category.
- Click Import.
- When the import is complete, continue to the next import, following the same process.
- If you have configurable products, when all imports are complete, select the Configurable product import, otherwise, skip this step.
A new page opens, with the Parent Product Import option.
Adjust imported products
After the import is complete, finalize the product display information.
- Navigate to Catalog > Products.
- Click Catalog on the Admin sidebar, then select Products..
- On the Products page, select Select All.
- On the Actions menu, select Update attributes .
- Click Advanced Inventory
- Set QTY to 99.
- Select the Change checkbox on Manage Stock and deselect Use Config Settings.
- Click Save.