Inform is compatible with the TSYS Genius Handheld device, giving you convenient payment processing options. The Genius Handheld can be used for curbside pickup and line busting to provide faster checkout times. Increase your sales by providing a more consultative approach at checkout and on the sales floor. Contact your TSYS representative to purchase your Handheld device and then follow the steps below to complete the setup process.
- After you receive your device, make sure it is fully charged and then power it on.
- Connect your device to your local Wi-Fi by navigating to Settings > Wi-Fi and ensure Wi-Fi is enabled on this device.
- Select your company Wi-Fi connection and enter your password. Once you are connected you can return to the home screen by clicking the home button.
Note: The Genius device must be on the same network or routable to the Inform application server.
- From your device, tap on the home button and then click on the Genius app button. In the top right corner, tap on the admin icon to display the Genius settings and IP address.
- Once you have confirmed that My IP Address field is populated, make a note of what the IP address is as you will need this to link the device to Inform in the next step.
- Next, click the Test button. The screen should display “Network Test Pass” at which point you can move on to the next step.
- Open Inform and navigate to File > Company > Device Configuration and click New. Now, fill in all required fields as described in Set up network devices. Make sure you enter the IP address you wrote down in the last step into the Host field here.
- Click Save.
You should now be able to start collecting payments on the go with your TSYS Handheld device. We suggest testing this prior to using this on a live account.
Note: You may require additional assistance from your IT department to complete the connection to Inform. If you still need further assistance please contact DDI Support.
- When you log into Inform, make sure you select the Handheld terminal.
- After entering your sales order, process your credit card payment by entering your tendered amount and clicking Credit.
- Once the processor text turns green and says Device Online, the information will be displayed to the Handheld device.
- Your Handheld device will open and start retrieving the order information, similar to the stationary Cayan pads.
- Take payment from your customer.
- Once the payment is processed you will receive a confirmation that it was either approved or declined. Once your payment is processed, save your order.