Sales Pipeline Forecasting enables you to build and proactively manage sales lead nurturing and bid opportunities, track follow-ups, and manage salesperson performance. These opportunities are built from the details salespeople specify when submitting a quote for prospect. You create a quote and add that to the pipeline and track your pipeline.
- Create a quote as described in How to create a new price quote.
- Click the Header tab of the left side navigation bar.
- In the center right panel, on the Quote tab, make sure you
- Click Save.
- Send the quote to your prospect.
- Go to CRM>Opportunity Pipeline.
- Under Criteria, set the Start and End Dates for which you want to pull data. These dates are based on the quote date.
Typically your end date will be in the future so you can evaluate your upcoming pipeline.
- If you are a Sales Manager, you have access to view the pipeline of all your Sales Reps; otherwise, select your name from the Salespersons list.
It is likely you will have access to only your own pipeline information.
- On the bottom right corner of the page, click Search.
All opportunities with their assigned sales rep, potential sale, profit, probability rating and expected close date appear.
- To narrow the list of opportunities that appear, click the Filter icon.
A filter row is added beneath the header row. In any of the columns, type the text you want to match, After typing at least 3 characters, the table contents update dynamically to match your selections. Some columns may include drop down or either criteria selections.
- To drill into further details about the Quote, Customer, Salesman, or Next Activity, click the hyperlink. A details page opens along with the Opportunity Pipeline, allowing you to easily tab between the two.
Tip: Check the Next Activity column to make sure that follow up activities are scheduled for all opportunities. If not, then double-click the row to open Quote, click the Activities tab along the left side, and then click Add Activity.
- The right side of the page displays Dashboards that give you a high level view of Converted Quotes, Pipeline Quotes, and your Sales/Profit ratio.
- When you have finished reviewing opportunities, click Exit.