From Purchasing, you can create purchase orders, lookup inventory, and fine-tune demand for improved forecasting results.
The Purchasing Workflow includes using a system forecast to build an order called a Projected Purchase Order. You may create and manage purchase orders, manage stock receipts, and analyze critical inventory products, as well as run a number of reports to ensure your purchasing processes are running efficiently.
As you gain familiarity with the purchasing system, you can begin to use tools that turn purchasing agents into inventory control experts. With powerful forecast algorithms and easy-to-use exception management, you'll be able to reduce inventory levels and related carrying costs, while improving order fill rates. You'll learn all about this functionality in the Fine-tuning Forecasting section.
To learn more, review the following topics about Purchasing in Inform ERP.
- Understanding the purchasing workflow
- Look up purchase orders using Purchase Order Inquiry
- Identify critical inventory that's about to go out of stock
- Place special purchase requests
- Confirm a P/O delivery
- Manage shipping containers
- Log stock receipts against purchase orders
- What are purchasing matrices?
- About purchase forecasting and demand planning